What I've Read

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Review: The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really loved this book. Han really captures what it's like being a teenage girl having to deal with real issues, and what it's like to feel invisible. Albeit, Belly got irritating at times, but I think that's a teenage girl thing. Those boys are fantastic and what a great relationship they all have.

The book is not a difficult read, but it goes rather quickly, even at that. The pacing of the chapters and the speed of the book...you can almost feel the summer slipping past you. The descriptions of everything beautiful about the beach and the ocean and even the gritty sand were mesmerizing. Now I need a beach house to escape to so I can read the next two...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment