What I've Read

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess

Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ok. I know people are going to hate on my rave for this book. Grumpy, curmudgeonly cynics, you have been forewarned.

I would have given it a 4, except for the Epilogue. It was divine. It has been so long since I sat in my bed, weeping for the lives and deaths of people I do not know, or who do not even exist, and somehow or another, Cassandra Clare has used fiction to restore my faith in love. Love and friendship that are truly and utterly selfless.

I love mostly how each character got his or her own time. As a reader, it is always frustrating to get little teasers about the dynamics of non-protagonists, but not to get to know them. I loved getting to know each of her flawed characters. Sarcastic Will, steady Gideon, adventurous Cecily, brave Tessa, constant and intense Jem, tiny and ferocious Charlotte, haughty Gabriel...

Mostly, Clare let me know what had happened to all these characters I've loved. I missed no significant points of the lives in which I was part.

I know this is a series I will read again and again in the future because these characters are part of me now. I love this beautiful, breathtaking story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment