What I've Read

Monday, April 11, 2011

Team Kanenball

So this is REALLY a confession:

I am a Dancing with the Stars fanatic. It started several years ago with the first season when my Auntie was in the hospital with brain cancer. My family practically lived at the hospital and I ran back and forth from my University which was about 2 hours away. While at the hospital or the cheap-o motel where we stayed, there really wasn't much to do. Auntie slept most of the time. I should also point out that I had the night shift watching/staying with her, and, well...

She is DWTS's biggest fan.


To make a VERY long story short?


I love DWTS because of the Mark Ballas. He's a professional dancer (originally from Texas, which gets him BIG points with me), but they always put him with partners I admire. Bristol Palin did awesome last season, and so did Shawn before her and I think that's primarily because of Mark. He's so sweet, so encouraging, and he's a guitarist (getting him even MORE points). Sometimes the partners he's been with have been afraid to come out of their shells or be sexy, but he is always positive and encouraging with them.

As a reader, you may be asking yourself, "What does any of this have to do with literature, Ms. Litwit? Where is the literary connection?"

Mark choregraphed a dance to a Harry Potter song. He wore a wizard hat and his current partner Chelsea Kane was dressed up like Bellatrix.

He was also an extra in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone back in the day- BIGGEST POINTS EVER.


Originally this season, I was cheering on Ralph aka The Karate Kid but....

Mark used HP, therefore he trumps all.




No comments:

Post a Comment