What I've Read

Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Review: The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen

The Lost Memoirs of Jane AustenThe Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I should admit I am a sucker for anything Jane Austen.



With that being said, this is an awesome contribution to anyone's Jane Austen shelf.



Written from the point of view of Jane herself, it explores the years of her life that were not chronicled in letters.

Syrie James writes as if this is Jane Austen's journal written near the end of her life. The book is riddled with informative footnotes about Jane's world and is often both humorous and poignant. James even creates a dashing romantic interest for Jane by the name of Frederick Ashford. True to the language of the time period, and the personality of the authoress, this novel has the ability to transport its reader to another time period.

If the reader is willing to be swept into a gothic romance, he or she will be.



It was beautifully done. I'll most definitely re-read this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment