What I've Read

Friday, May 3, 2013

Liebster Award

Earlier today, my friend Gabi nominated me for the coveted Liebster Award! Yay!

First of all, I would like to thank the Academy, my mom, all the little people who got me here today, my as-yet-un-hired-personal-assistant,


Whoopsie!

Oh wait. Wrong speech. Saving that one for another time...


This is a Liebster. The rules are different:


Rules for a Liebster Award:

In order to accept this super awesome award, there are Things That Must Be Done.
1. Thank the person that nominated you.

THANK YOU, GABI!!!!!!

2. Display the Liebster Heart on your blog. 
3. Nominate 3 to 5 more different bloggers 
4. Post 11 things about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. Answer the 11 questions you've been asked in your nomination.

Here are my 11 Questions:

1) If you could choose any book universe to live in, what would it be? 
Um, trick question? Harry freakin' Potter.

2) If you could guest star in any TV show, which one would you choose? 
Castle.


3) What do you keep in the trunk of your car? 
Currently? Drill team uniforms from the dry cleaner, jumper cables, about 5,000 pairs of shoes, a Yoda mask, and a first aid kit. Only the essentials :)


4) What is your favorite quote?
"It is our choices that determine what we truly are...far more than our abilities."- Albus Dumbledore in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


5) Would you ever hug a complete stranger?
Would and have.
 
6) If you could visit a different decade or era, when would you go? Why then? Would you stay?
The 1940s (although the 20s are a close second). I would go there because I think that is when America was at its best. They had swing dancing, for goodness' sakes! I would totally rock those polka dots and red lipstick, too. Oh, and the men in uniform...

I'm not sure if I would stay or not. I love where I am in time, knowing what I know and having knowledge easily at my fingertips. However, the romantic in me would probably overpower the practical side and I would stay.
 
7) What's your favorite OTP and from which fandom?
Shamy from The Big Bang Theory :-)
 
8) If you were stranded on a desert island, what three books and what three people would you want with you?
Books: The Bible, Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban, SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in Any Climate, on Land or at Sea

People: Zachary Levi, Ryan Gosling, and Gerard Butler


9) How would you like to be remembered?
As somebody who loved people, and dedicated her life to making others' better.


10) What's the best and/or worst pick up line you've ever heard? (Did it work?)

Best: "Do you have a whip?"-It didn't work, but it should've.

Worst: "Miss, would you marry me? Imma be 18 in a few months..." -Didn't work, by the way.


11) What would your last words be before departing this world?
I love you.


11 Things About me:
  1. I listen to *NSync on a daily basis.
  2. On Foursquare I'm currently the mayor of my local Wal-Mart.
  3. I love Jesus.
  4. I am addicted to sitcoms.
  5. I want to visit Ireland more than any other place on Earth.
  6. When I was a kid, I had a crush on Jack Frost.
  7. I speak quite freely (which sometimes gets me in trouble).
  8. I don't like chocolate. I know, I break girl-code.
  9. I love to go shooting.
  10. I LOVE my job. Teaching is my greatest passion!
  11. My dogs' names are Spanky (giant German Shepherd mix) and Penny (tiny Pomeranian). Spanky is a baby and is terrified of Penny.
 


And NOW: 11 Questions for My Nominees
  1. What is the first book you ever fell in love with?
  2. Do you prefer Diamonds or Pearls?
  3. If you could travel anywhere to live, where would it be and why?
  4. What is your fantasy (as in, it doesn't exist in this world) career?
  5. What scares you?
  6. How many books do you own? *Estimates accepted*
  7. Who is your favorite Greek God/Goddess?
  8. How often do you hang out outside?
  9. With whom do you feel safest?
  10. Who is your guilty pleasure musician/band?
  11. Describe your feelings about public education.

And the nominees are:

People I've never met, but whose writing brings me joy:

As I tell my students...proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment