What I've Read

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

I got the following meme from Dana Huff's blog.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

"The empty frames looked like bones picked clean. Clary felt a scream rising from the back of her chest: 'Mom!' she shrieked.  'Where are you? Mommy?' "

Pg. 49 of  City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

So far, I am about 266 pages in (if you're on GoodReads, you may follow my progress here) and it is AMAZING! There is a spoiler that I've already figured out (silly English teacher in me), but I hear it gets better. The plot is phenomal. There are so many twists and turns.

Clare's writing is just out of this world, especially for a young adult novel. I love her use of metaphors, similes, and imagery especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment