What I've Read

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Book Review: City of Lost Souls

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

*********SPOILERS!*********************

This was an enjoyable read and a necessary step in the story, not unlike City of Ashes, but it is not a life-changer. For the most part, I think most of the tension is broken. I felt like a great deal of the plot was predictable, especially when Jace's mark is torn. I have to admit, I really like Clary. I've liked Clary since City of Bones. She's brave and impulsive and sometimes selfish, but she is human. Unlike characters who always do the right thing, she went against everything she knew to save Jace's life, much like many real life people do when choosing to take their loved one off life support. She knew that the person she loved was still in there and therefore couldn't let him die, but then she turns around and stabs him through the chest with the archangel's sword! It's so ridiculous that it works. I'm expecting the next one to be epic.

Lastly, I would like to add:

SIMON AND IZZY FOR THE WIN!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment