What I've Read

Monday, August 8, 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games, #1)The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


How was I so late getting into this? I LOVE this book. I've decided I'm going to teach it. Generally, in YA lit, I am not much of a fan of the heroine, but I really love Katniss. She's a powerhouse female lead, awkward and socially inept, but strong. She is her family's only source of food after her father's passing so she has to become a survivor so that her mother and sister will survive, too. This is not typical, predictable dystopian lit. I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone.
It is adventure, romance, lies, survival, perseverance, death, family, and friendship.
GO READ IT IMMEDIATELY.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment